Since this is a pilot study, the primary aim is to explore the feasibility of the intervention and the study design.
• Signed study consent
• ≥ 18 years
• Being a woman
• Being diagnosed with breast or any gynecological cancer (either ovarian, cervical, vulvar, womb or vaginal cancer), stages I to IV.
• For women with localized cancers: having completed all adjuvant treatments, such as surgery, chemotherapy and/or radiotherapy, at least 3 months previously, with the exception of hormonal, immune and targeted therapy,
• For women with metastatic cancers: having a performance status < 3, not undergoing IV chemotherapy and having a life expectancy more than 9 months as estimated by their treating oncologist.
• Free from acute infection for 2 weeks before biochemical assessment.
• Speaking and reading French fluently
• Inability to follow the procedures of the study due to:
• Currently engages in meditation one or more times per week
• Previous participation in MBCR program
• Serious physiological illnesses that would interfere with the interpretation of biochemical data (e.g., anemia, diabetes, cardiovascular diseases, blood cancers, inflammatory bowel diseases, autoimmune diseases, asthma being treated with steroids, immunodeficiency)